Tuesday, October 16, 2012

MiteE 5 Year Old



My friend Dianne, a member of the MiteE Board, shared this beautiful story of her son explaining the MiteE Team to his friend.  It was so cute I asked her to share it.  This is her story.  Thank-you Dianne.  
On our way to the "MiteE Moms" meeting, my 5 year old, Jonny, was in the back seat with his friend that comes to play with us on Tuesdays.  He was asking Jonny why we always went to a MiteE meeting on Tuesday.  Jonny's response was, "You see this cool shirt (his favorite shirt is the black MiteE t-shirt) I am wearing.  It is MiteE Team."  His friend then asked, "What is the MiteE Team?"  Jonny replied, "It is awesome.  It is pretty much helping other people.  We do stuff like sweeping up the street and picking up garbage, cleaning the post office for my mom, chopping wood to help people, and cool stuff, it is really fun."  
At that point my mommy heart was bursting with gratitude for the impact that the MiteE Team is having on my sweet boy.  He had just described our true mission, it is pretty much helping people.  So true!  I asked Jonny what service meant.  He said, "Service is being MiteE!"
I love the focus that MiteE has brought to our service as a family.  We love the weekly challenge and the opportunities we have seen and been given to help others right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment